I saved this to use whenever a Dem says the treatment of Trump is the same as the treatment of Obama

I saved Atty Gen. William Barr’s lecture to the Federalist Society’s 2019 National Lawyers Convention to use whenever a Dem says the treatment of Trump is the same as the treatment of Obama.

Specifically, Part A. where he also mentions the term used by Dems for their “Resistance.”

As I have said, the Framers fully expected intense pulling and hauling between the Congress and the President. Unfortunately, just in the past few years, we have seen these conflicts take on an entirely new character.

Immediately after President Trump won election, opponents inaugurated what they called “The Resistance,” and they rallied around an explicit strategy of using every tool and maneuver available to sabotage the functioning of his Administration. Now, “resistance” is the language used to describe insurgency against rule imposed by an occupying military power. It obviously connotes that the government is not legitimate. This is a very dangerous – indeed incendiary – notion to import into the politics of a democratic republic. What it means is that, instead of viewing themselves as the “loyal opposition,” as opposing parties have done in the past, they essentially see themselves as engaged in a war to cripple, by any means necessary, a duly elected government.

Much more than just this is to be found at the link.

I look forward to the next time some Dem tries to assert that they are only doing to Trump what was done to Obama.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Some Very Interesting Comments From AG William Barr while Addressing Federalist Society