How much of the bible is real history?

Go back and re-read, you missed the point.

The point was that Christians are not trying to shut down the philosophers, but the philosophy departments and profs are trying to silence Christians.

If you can’t read these posts, freeze in your tracks and wonder what you missed in all those books.

I am done here tonight, but rest assured that I will read to catch up tomorrow.

I leave you one more thought to follow up on: the emergence of evangelical megachurches.

Not to worry.

In my KJV, that comes from John 1:1-3
In my NIV, John 1:1 is the same. John1:2-3 are slightly different.

In my KJV Genesis 1:1, “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”
In my NIV Genesis 1:1, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”

I wonder why they added to “s”.

Yeah OK! Like the Jimmy Swiggarts the Bakers, the blah blah, and so forth and so forth who drive their nice limousines and live on huge plantations while professing to be delivering the word of God?

I would not be just a nuthin’,
My head all full of stuffin’,
My heart all full of pain,

Don’t worry, your corn is now safe.

I never said that Christians are trying to shut down debate only that they are not being inclusive due to their own dogma by their insistence to use outdated language that doesn’t allow for other interpretations.

All subjective! Yet it is you who is failing to defend this one poignant aspect. What philosphers have you read?

Again more ambiguities that means nothing to me.

What I find funny with you and TWR and something that proves my pointy, all the while in this discussion not once have you asked what I believed in! You just exposed your own dogma and arrogance to think your beliefs are superior to mine.

Friedrich Nietzsche once said while making comparisons from Buddhism to Christianity
is that Christians spend their entire life waiting to die because a great reward awaits in heaven thus devalues life itself. Whereas Buddhism is about suffering in this life in order to attain enlightenment thus denies themselves this life.

_

A core tenet of traditional Buddhism is that life is essentially unsatisfactory, which is a form of suffering; therefore, the goal is to escape the cycle of rebirth, i.e, to no longer exist. A core tenet of Nietzsche’s philosophy takes the opposite view: one should will to live over and over even if life does involve suffering. The Buddhist goal of enlightenment was originally to lead to an escape from life, which is not worth living, and that is nihilism to Nietzsche.

_

_

Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life’s nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in “another” or “better life”

_

The everyday Christian. – If the Christian dogmas of a revengeful God, universal sinfulness, election by divine grace and the danger of eternal damnation were true, it would be a sign of weak-mindedness and lack of character not to become a priest, apostle or hermit and, in fear and trembling, to work solely on one’s own salvation; it would be senseless to lose sight of ones eternal advantage for the sake of temporal comfort. If we may assume that these things are at any rate believed true, then the everyday Christian cuts a miserable figure; he is a man who really cannot count to three, and who precisely on account of his spiritual imbecility does not deserve to be punished so harshly as Christianity promises to punish him.

_

_

There was no son of God and or Holy Spirit in Genesis.

And “I am” is singular; “we” is plural.

No it doesn’t.

That was the New Testament. The Old Testament is much older.

I believe I get it just fine. :+1:

Yeah? And what is that you think you get? Please enlighten me!

Faith! Believers honestly have no interest in what secularists think of the bible. They believe it is the word of God and nothing else matters.

Yeah! Nice try! Your evidence is not rooted in fact just a theory! Come back to me when you can actually have a honest discussion, you sir come off as some old crusty white dude on his rocking chair who is bigoted with close minded attitudes! There is no proof that God procreated! You lose the argument in a failure to provide hardcore evidence! Next!

Right! You already stated that except there is no proof that the word of God is word for word accurate and that was my point, something Christians are refusing to acknowledge! The Christian God if you will is no more truer than believing in Santa Claus!

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Why would you seek to belittle those who see things differently than you do? :confused:

How am I belittling? But pointing out a fact? Funny how Christians are the worse hypocrites on the planet ? Just look at this thread again and if you are being honest you tell me what you see? What I see are responses from people claiming to be Christians all the while passing judgement on me! Sound familiar? No wonder why Christians are hated so much they can never practice what they preach!

Not disclaiming your position here, but passing judgement and criticizing by way of disagreeing with posits are two different things. My version of passing judgement is when someone says you will be punished for this, that or the other. A disagreement concerning beliefs does not fit in my understanding of passing judgement.

To some, passing judgement means merely to give your opinion about something or somebody. By that definition, we cannot debate with passing judgement.

For the most part I agree, but go upthread and tell me if that is the case!