How much of the bible is real history?

Dogmatic is a word that comes to mind! Vehement dogma! At least with Buddhism there is no ambiguities! Christians can never see themselves because what they look for is outside whereas Buddhism forces you to be truthful with yourself! Sound familiar?

Christianity pretty much have stolen all the pagan holidays and turned them into their! Yeah there is compelling proof on that too!

The Catholic Church did that. My church does not recognize ant religious holidays.

You’re still stuck on all or nothing. Nobody here has suggested that nothing in the Bible is true. Yes, you have shown some parts to be true, specifically some names and times and places, but you have failed to show how those truths prove the entire text is true.

Thanks for coming back to precisely the topic of the thread. :slight_smile:

I don’t even mind DrM coming back with his internet list of " The Bible itself is filled with contradictions."
Which I pretty much shot through after about 5 min of enjoyable Bible reading time.

Maybe I expect too much from people, but if they want to say that the Bible is full of spiritual stuff, parables, and not historical, I expect a list. Otherwise there is no basis of meaningful discussion.

I proved it drivel with real work, reading, and reasoning.

Try it, you might find it rewarding.

“No one comes to the Father except through me.”

No one repents without first introspecting their sins.

Allegory is an important tool for passing on spiritual lessons throughout the generations.

1 Like

No you just prove what a presumptuous asshat you really are! Practice what you preach, try that yourself and you might find that rewarding! You prove just as much as a bigoted arrogant hypocritical fool who is full of themselves, and you confirm as much in what I have always known; I have no use for Christianity that has been reduced to mere story telling and not put into actual practice by the ones who claim they study its teachings! The more you talk the more I am at peace in knowing what my truth is that I made the right choice! So thanks!

My God…today we have scientists saying a man can be a woman and every 3 years changing the story as to whether coffee is good for you or not.

There are interesting nuggets to pursue in your post but at this time, they are simple assertions. Maybe we should present the data for each and every assertion you posted and examine the credibility of the conclusion that was drawn from it. I’d participate in such an analysis. Until then… assertions.