How much of the bible is real history?

A subisidiary of Shell talking about a subscription model for “smart energy” for the home. Also talking about “disrupting the residential energy market.” You pay them a subscription, they put solar panels on your house. As a bonus they also dictate how much power you can use from said panels. Want to use more? Well, that’s a higher tier.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwic94PNoorgAhXIITQIHW4pB7AQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.greentechmedia.com%2Farticles%2Fread%2Fmeet-inspire-shell-backed-company-unique-smart-energy-subscription&psig=AOvVaw3N76x2UgbgnBBWdN-b9H6h&ust=1548551657652951

Inspire is now working to take the smart energy concept one step further by automating a customer’s home controls and decreasing energy usage on their behalf, like a sophisticated demand response platform. This will allow customers to hand over their energy management decisions to Inspire and save, or take a more active role to boost their rewards.

“What we’ve seen the industry try to do over time is just give people more data and hope they’re going to change their behavior,” Maloney said. “We haven’t found that to be an effective mechanism.”

Money, power, and control. Why companies like Shell have been lobbying the government for years.

I’m convinced that we don’t have technologies better than fossil fuels. There’s lots of other ways to power a car or generate electricity, and if there was one better than fossil fuels nothing could stop it. Maybe someday electric cars will be better than gasoline engines, but there’s a reason that there’s so many subsidies: it’s not such a great deal without them.

A gallon of gasoline is a tough thing to beat for stored energy, ease of use, storage. If someone can develop a battery that charges as quick and has as much energy as a full tank of gasoline, doesn’t cost an arm and a leg and keeps doing what it does for ten years or so, then electric cars will be superior. There’s a lot to like in electric power over a clunky piston engine.

So I do have a question: point me to a patent on a technology that would beat fossil fuels and is being suppressed by some evil company that owns it. A perfect battery, maybe? Most technologies like that can’t be suppressed, in fact if you develop a great battery you’d better keep improving it because the copiers will be right on your heels.

https://youtu.be/2m1jx2euy2A

Some get killed for their inventions!

I know a guy who invented a cloaking device, and I can say that because he told me and his son and we are the only ones who knows this secret. He said I can tell as many people I wanted because no one would believe me. Nevertheless he is an unknown and remains in a secret location with no cell phones TV or Computers where he does his work.

It seems like you’re trying to be funny, but these things are “hidden” in plain sight. Government has been meddling in innovation for well over a century. If Obamacare wasn’t a shining example of government picking winners and losers, I’m not sure what else to tell you.

That water powered car is a ridiculous scam, but at Freebird someone posted it as if it was serious.

I think that you’re joking, but there’s a lot of people still chasing the elusive perpetual motion machine (and scam artists taking their money)

Oh you don’t need to tell me that Obozo care was a ponzi scheme! But yes these types of inventions are out there, and while the one I listed here is debated on whether it was a scam or not, some have mysteriously died or disappeared for what they were working on!

The case of Phillip Taylor Krammer is a good example!

1 Like

What does this discussion have to do with the thread topic, history in the Bible?

…and don’t tell me it has something to do with surviving in the desert for years on end.

Really? Hmm I wonder! Then you have these. Whether they are practical as the commentator points out for obvious reasons, my point is there are people out who have invented stuff that became a threat to big industry. Standard Oil was one of them!

heh heh, it does remind me of speculation that the Ark was some kind of capacitor or something.

It’s my thread and I can debunk energy scams if I want to.

1 Like

Nothing spooky about a hydrogen fuel cell - just wildly impractical as a substitute for a piston engine.

Hydrogen as a substitute for gasoline has a million problems, too. Can you imagine bubba at the gas station monkeying around with 2,000 psi hydrogen?

1 Like

No one said it was spooky, just refuting the statement you made earlier about the technology being a scam. Impractical to replace the piston engine, maybe, depends how it is used such as what the commentator suggested could be useful for local driving needs. More to the point though, there are other options out there that is getting considerable notice. I don’t think it will be just one source, but different kinds of inventions that will evolve to give us the best option. That is usually how it works in a country like ours were innovations is allowed to take place.

If I remember right, that “water-powered car” claims to feed water and generate power, in a very simple gizmo. Right there you can rule it out as a serious technology and some sort of scam to fleece people who don’t understand how difficult it is to unzip water into hydrogen and oxygen. It’s also a negative energy balance, it will always take more energy to unzip water than you get back in re-combining the hydrogen and oxygen.

1 Like

Right, but we are getting a little off topic here aren’t we?

I thought you were going to say “ … and nobody has seen them since.” :wink:

1 Like

And first you think it is a bunch of parables, spiritual stuff, and whatever.

Then you admit that it is full of historical people, places, events, timelines…

After one post, I wonder why you bother posting here?

It is both. Just like any historical novel. Is there truth in the Bible? Absolutely, but there is also a lot that is almost certainly not true.

You remind me of my Minister when I was a teenager in Confirmation class. After being unable to answer many of my questions, he suddenly let his frustration get the best of him and blurted out “either you believe all of it or you believe none of it!” You can blaim him for my disbelief.

1 Like

Looks like man made fiction to me… I will just hit a couple of the really stupid things in there.

The camels in Genesis are with the Biblical characters because a Pharaoh of Egypt gave them to Abraham. (Gen. 12) However if the Tel Aviv U has dug up every dead Camel anywhere in the region, then they must be correct. :roll_eyes:

Herod’s death in 4BC… You are assuming that 0 AD was place properly. That is not in the Bible. And clearly Quirinius would have been Gov of Syria while Herod was king. That proves nothing.

You might want to reconsidering believing what you read on the internet. Mathew accurately reports that Jesus was born in Bethlehem, that they escaped to Egypt to flee Herod, and returned to the land of Israel settling in Nazareth. This says NOTHING about where they lived before the birth in Bethelem. Again, NOTHING!

The Shroud of Turin is of zero importance to the reliability of the Bible.

I am not going to go through the rest of that garbage. Next time try doing some homework.

Well, I am the one here quoting the Bible and showing it to be true.

You want to prove it false, you are going to have to quote it. Dr.M tried bringing some internet drivel in here, and you can read how well that went.

Right! Pretty much what the babble is! Predictable response from you! Thanks!

It was not internet drivel you moron! These were findings from reputable sources! Don’t let objectivity hit you over the head! BTW you have proven zero! Nada! Zilch!