How much of the bible is real history?

I can only wonder why you find it so important to go after believers in this fashion. What is your purpose; your endgame? Does that somehow make you feel better about yourself?

Who is going after who? Try practicing intellectual honesty! Save the just hurt feelings and false equivalency for someone else! If you can’t stand the criticism then you are in the wrong discussion!

From where I sit, you seem to be going after those who believe the bible to be the word of God, offering secular arguments to try and show them the error of their way. I’m just curious as to why you believe that to be so important?

Oh please spare me the bullshit secular argument nonsense! Is that your little code word for the bible can’t be questioned? Are you and other snowflakes here incapable of defending your positions? Sure seems that way to me! Try presenting a rational argument I know I did and look at your response? Proof positive that nothing can be substantiated based on fact!

And once again, believers have no need to prove anything. Theirs is a strong belief in God with the bible as his word. So when you attempt to use secular arguments against the bible, your arguments are falling on deaf ears.

In that regard, you are largely being ignored. So once again I’m just curious about why you persist? Haven’t you got better things to do?

Belief has nothing to do with this discussion as I pointed out earlier and you chose to ignore!

Making the argument based on separating semantics from a secular one to non secular is only reenforcing the idea that you are not open Nor accepting of other interpretations or beliefs and you just proven my point all the more that Christianity as a whole is outdated and a non inclusive to other religious doctrine that seeks to divide rather than to unite with new ways of thinking as well as promoting personal growth!

I persist because because It is my right to free speech, you just don’t like my line of questioning because you are threatened by the fact that I may be right! The irony here, it’s people like you that are going to make me lots of money!

Also from responses thus far, I get the impression you are more about judging me than actually in a genuine way having a constructive conversation! Want an example?

You asked me what my end game is, instead of asking what I believe in, thus you are a hypocrite!

Christianity needs to be challenged, if you can’t defend its beliefs then you lost the argument! That is how it works, and for the most part Christianity has failed!

Why does Christianity need to be challenged? :confused:

Maybe you should spend some time reflecting on that question than asking me to provide it for you! If you can’t be honest with yourself first then you will only view me and my views with contempt! Not very constructive IMO!

I personally see no reason to challenge Christianity. You made the statement, and I’m simply wondering why.

1 Like

That is a truthful statement which is suggestive that you have no motivation to look past your rooted dogma of beliefs and thus can’t experience personal growth! Nor able to to have the ability to accept others views! For this reason alone is why Christianity is a flawed religion!

I am not obligated to answer your question when you willingly cherry pick my statements to suit your confirmation bias while ignoring the rest of my context!

Go back and review my posts. Your arguments are falling on deaf ears. True believers have no interest in anything you have to offer. Something to think about. :wink:

I don’t need to, you have already proven my point! You just haven’t figured it out! It must suck having cognitive dissonance and going through life with blinders on!

Are you saying that you believe Christians are going through life with blinders on because they have no interest in listening to your secular arguments? I’m wondering if the opposite might be more accurate. :wink:

There you go with the secular bullshit argument again! That seems to be your go to argument because you can’t formulated a more intelligent response to the legitimate questions I raised, so make it about secularization to defend your views. LAME!

Yes I do believe most Christians, who BTW don’t practice true Christianity and are hypocrites go through life with blinders on!

Of course you do, you know no better!

Tell me, can you honesty state that Christianity is respectful to other religious beliefs? There is only one religion in the world that actually practices what it preaches and is respectful of other beliefs to be able to have the ability to have construction dialogue. Do you know what religion that is?

Still curious as to where you are going with this???

Do you honestly believe you will sway a single person with your arguments.

Do you think that I am trying to sway anybody? Seriously? I think you have a reading comprehension problem. Go read my previous posts, I am stating facts! Do you have any facts of your own to substantiate your claims? Uh no you don’t because you will bring up the secularized BS argument again! I guess that falls right in line with Ocasio Cotez’s position as well!

You seem to be going in circles. You keep talking about facts, but no one is listening. Really! :wink:

Once again you have proven my point! Talking in circles? Yeah OK! Thanks! Have a ni9ce day in your little echo chamber!

The only point you seem to have made is that you believe Christianity needs to be challenged.

Still can’t figure out why, but hey I’m sure you have your reasons. :+1:

And you are proof positive that Darwin’s theory is correct! You are out of your league when trying to have intellectually based discussions! Did you skip critical thinking classes when you were young? Also do you normally ask questions while ignoring questions posed to you? There is a definition for that, its called being purposely obtuse!