Georgia's 'heartbeat' abortion bill would impact patients at 9 Atlanta providers

The thing is, that though the heart may not be beating yet as such the infant’s blood will have been circulating through the developing cardiovascular system for some weeks already.

“Heartbeat” that you detect by sound isn’t the biological function, it’s the symptom.

Life is in the blood, it is said, and IIRC there is blood doing uniquely blood things from about two weeks. It is the presence of blood as the transport system for oxygen and nutrients that allows for further cell specialization.

That means there is blood to be shed.

Small federal government.

Some conservatives may not like state or local either. But the thing we conservatives agree on is that the constitution calls for a small federal government. Not an absent federal government…but a small one limited by the constitution. Protection of one’s beating heart from others would be one of the authorities the constitution gives the federal government.

1 Like

Not at all directed at you; just my personal opinion concerning anyone who tries to rationalize the hard reality of abortion. Very much alive before the procedure; very much dead after the procedure. No grey areas.

Yeah… my opinion too… which is why I was so surprised to see it in response to my posts.

Yes and no.

Even murder isn’t really even something – when among the jurisdictions of the several States – that the federal has any delegated power to address with the sole exception of murders by State Actors committed on the job … and that is only due to the 14th “privileges or immunities” clause that was meant to allow Congress to pass federal civil rights laws and the several States could not disparage. That includes all motivations for murder too such as hate.

For it to be a federal concern the specific jurisdiction of the federal must be involved, such as murders on a military base, in a federal courthouse, in a Territory, or in Washington D.C.

What the federal CAN lawfully do is too reverse the high handed lawlessness of Roe and they could also enact a federal right to life for the unborn that the several States may not disparage by enacting State laws protecting abortion contrary to it.

Those last are somewhat indirect means to deal with abortion. The first to reverse federal excess and the second to restrain State police powers. They would not let the federal directly criminalize abortions as a matter of some all encompassing jurisdiction that doesn’t exist though.

HYUK HYUK

This post has 20 HYUKS

Now you’re just being Goofy.