Feds put first Black inmate to death since execution restart By Associated Press AP

I am not sure I can add anything else to this story as having an opinion on it, for death is always a somber subject no matter the context. Part of me says that his execution was warranted and the other half questions the timing of it when the country is dealing with race division as the fuel to much of the civil unrest that is plaguing the country right now. That being said, it will be interesting to see what effect this will have in either deterring crime, particularly murder, and what it will do to the nations psyche as a whole going forward.

A report this month by the Washington, D.C.-based Death Penalty Information Center said Black people remain overrepresented on death rows and that Black people who kill white people are far more likely to be sentenced to death than white people who kill Black people.

I like how they didn’t mention how few whites actually target and kill blacks.

No one is talking about Asian privilege huh

Of the 56 inmates currently on federal death row, 26 — or nearly 50% — are Black, according to center data updated Wednesday; 22, or nearly 40%, are white and seven, around 12% were Latino. There is one Asian on federal death row. Black people make up only about 13% of the population

Imho, it’s completely justifided

Viala was 19 years old in 1999 when he shot Todd and Stacie Bagley and burned them in the trunk of their car. Vialva led a Black gang faction in Killeen, Texas, and killed to boost his gang status.

1 Like

I love how they didnt mention how many blacks target and kill blacks. Chicago is right next door, plenty of data there.

3 Likes

What in the F*@K does Breonna Taylor and George Floyd have to do with these piece of shit that set fire to two people who were willing to help him with a ride ? He burn them alive and murdered them AND now the black turd FOUND “GOD “ give me a F-ing break !!!
The asshole that wrote this piece was as bias as they come , it should have been one of his family member , then he would be far less “WOKE” .