CNN analyst Areva Martin accused radio host David Webb of 'white privilege.' Webb is black

“Oh you’re a successful radio host what works at Fox. You must be using your white privilege bc black men cannot be successful.”

Why are black racist against themselves?

During a guest radio appearance, a CNN legal analyst said the show’s host, who is black, has benefited from “white privilege.”

The segment aired Tuesday during a SiriusXM show hosted by David Webb, who is also host FOX Nation’s Reality Check. His guest during the segment was Areva Martin, a civil rights attorney and CNN legal analyst.

According to a clip posted to Twitter, Webb details his rise in the media, saying he always saw his qualifications as a more important issue than his color.

“Well, David, that’s a whole 'nother long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing that people of color don’t have the privilege of,” said Martin.

When Webb asks how he benefits, Martin said it’s “by virtue of being a white male.”

“Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped. I’m black,” said Webb.

Webb then scolds Martin for making the assumption, going through his qualifications ultimately leading him to Fox News “where I’m told apparently blacks aren’t supposed to work.”

“Yet, you come with this assumption, and you go to white privilege. That’s actually insulting,” Webb said.

Martin apologized, noting “my people gave me wrong information.”

On FOX News Channel’s FOX & Friends on Wednesday, Webb criticized Martin for advancing “a false narrative” and for an apology that “throws her team under the bus.”

“There is no such thing as white privilege,” Webb said on FOX & Friends. “There is earned privilege in life that you work for.”

CNN could not be immediately reached for comment

My people gave me wrong information…So much for HER work.

If a weatherman can get dumped for mis-speaking a highway, then she should get the ax for this, not her “people.”

1 Like

I saw the clip. Funny as hell.

When I saw that Clip I was laughing so hard… and David was right, maybe she should have done her prep work, but typical democrat lib thought she had an agenda and was proven wrong…again.

Thumbs up David Webb.

1 Like

One of the funniest things I’ve seen, heard, or read in years Web talking about it in an interview yesterday was priceless.

Webb should have played her longer. That would have been even better.
But it was funny as-is.
I don’t listen to much radio. But what’s I’ve heard from Webb on Sirius channel 125, I like.

1 Like

I think he would have choked had he tried to hold back his laughter any longer.

Showing her for the race baiting moron she is was utterly priceless though.