Climbing Mt. Dumbass

In the thin atmosphere on Everest’s peak, 29,029 feet up, each breath pulls in less than a third of the oxygen of a breath at sea level. … Breathing rate increases as the body tries to pull in more oxygen. Physical tasks become harder because muscles require oxygen and breathing requires so much extra effort.

I can see why so many have tried to reach the top.

On 29 May in 1953, Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay successfully ascended to the top of Mt . Everest . They were the first people to reach the summit.

2 Likes

Someone is first at line at Six Flags every day too.

… hmmmm, Six Flags over Nepal … featuring the world’s highest Wait in Line ride…

1 Like

i-suck-at-big-life-goals-climb-mount-everest-get-31551538

1 Like

27-horror-addicts-there-are-over-200-dead-bodies-on-20341485

Well there is a cost to that charge them.

1 Like

They probably would if given the opportunity! No doubt!

That would be the one non dumbass on the mountain.

I don’t know about that but they should sure pay out the ass so the Nepalese gov’t can afford to clean it up.

Unfortunately the country can’t afford the loss of income that would come with closing the mountain.

They could easily rig up both the world’s highest, longest, and steepest water slide too.

With limited resources, Nepal does what it can to take care of their people.

At least these idiots serve a purpose…trail landmark.

I smell Photoshop…

There are over 300 bodies left on Everest. many exposed to the elements.

Not doubting that we are creating a high-tech garbage dump and Darwin award hall of fame up there. Just that first waiting line pic looks fishy.

All those who died have been eulogized “he died doing what he loved” - freezing to death in a snowstorm while your oxygen runs out. I wonder how many bucket lists have that?

3 Likes

This is very depressing. Not for the loss of life. I don’t care about that. But for the destruction of remote places.

Even going to a remote fiordland back in my country of birth is like going to a theme park, touristy people everywhere.

Drive for hours to the middle of nowhere and be surrounded by people. It’s total shit.

2 Likes

You are so right about this. I went down to the Pine Barrens in NJ over Memorial Day to do some off-roading with the Jeep. I have been going to Wharton State Forest since I was a kid. It was never crowded and the only people you really bumped into were campers or people who were mudding. For NJ standards…it’s fairly remote and spooky.

This year it was overloaded with Mexicans having barbecues and blasting mariachi music. Celebrate Diversity.

1 Like

We see the same thing here.

The Hispanics camp along the river and fish, without a license and blast music you can hear down the entire valley.

So much for peace and quiet of nature.

1 Like

Yup - same thing happens here at Belle Isle State Park. Hubby and I quit taking the RV there. Now it just sits in the driveway and gets washed and waxed like a firetruck.

Wow, didn’t know anyone still went to that cesspool.

Have a neighbor with a 42’ RV. Spends most of its time at the storage lot. Expensive toy for the storage lot. 4-5 MPG. 100 gallon tank.