Basic Rights in the US

You - or the earlier Pragmatic troll that was here before you - said this

But he was wrong. It was national defense.

and profit drives innovations, solutions which is good for the consumer in the end.

The eye care industry is an example for profit in healthcare, 25 years ago if you got laser correction surgery you paid an arm and a leg and if you were a season ticket holder in Dallas for the Cowboys you sold them

Today the surgery is cheap, fast, you’re in and out within a hour or two, day surgery, is this an isolated case where the private sector in eye car works?

Or maybe if you allowed the free markets to do its thing healthcare costs would go down .

1 Like

There are “trade secrets” that are protected as well. Maybe you are thinking about them.

A trade secret is a formula, practice, process, design, instrument, pattern, commercial method, or compilation of information not generally known or reasonably ascertainable by others by which a business can obtain an economic advantage over competitors or customers

In contrast to registered intellectual property, trade secrets are, by definition, not disclosed to the world at large. Instead, owners of trade secrets seek to protect trade secret information from competitors by instituting special procedures for handling it, as well as technological and legal security measures.[6] Legal protections include non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), and work-for-hire and non-compete clauses.

Google… friend…remember?

1 Like

Is the distinction tenable without certain normative assumptions?

No they wouldn’t…

So everyone won’t use evenly?

And you won’t because it won’t work.

Who has better customer service, McDonald’s or the DMV?

1 Like

You are right, it shouldn’t be, but the way you put it was funny. You essentially said ‘I like the ones that I like and I don’t like the ones that I don’t like.’ Duh! :grin:

What do you pay for your other rights? If you don’t pay, does it mean that your rights are suspended?

:thinking:

What a great way to pay off the National Debt. :wink:

2 different industries. Specific to local operation. I’ve seen some DMVs work very well and some like shit. Same with McDonalds.

That is unmitigated nonsense. There is no resemblance between funding of the Interstate Highway system and the Federal Social programs.

The Interstate Highway System serves two purposes … National Defense and Interstate Commerce, both of which are Constitutional designated powers of the Federal Government.

No of course not. Some people might never use it until their on their death bed. Some will use it as a newborn and for the remainder of their life.

Isn’t that how insurance works? Young and strong pay for the weak and old?

Again … personal benefit does not equate to welfare.

What you described is not the insurance system. It’s the health care provider system. I specifically said insurance for a reason.

It may have originally been built to serve those purposes… and today it still does. It doesn’t make it any less of a benefit to me as an individual.

Healthcare is more than just "insurance"system

you do know that right?

Of course but my issue is with healthcare INSURANCE being for profit. Which is why I am advocating for M4A.

Doesn’t matter, Max.

Free is the new word. People our age had to and still have to work our asses off because we know the vast difference between what “free” and “freedom of choice” is.

These people who want “free” think it is the same thing mommy and daddy gave them with all of the bells and whistles. Little do they realize that they will be treated no differently than a schizophrenic, drug addicted homeless person. Then they are going to cry foul, work their ass off for freedom of choice vs. free and be back at square one thinking… gosh… someone warned me about this.

And doctors are reluctant to take medicare patients due to low payouts from mommy government.