Asteroid bigger than Eiffel Tower and more powerful than Hiroshima hurtling near Earth

It served it’s purpose just in proving the concept.

Between that, stealth, and our ability to deliver nuclear cruise missiles the Russians could not intercept they effectively lost the cold war because there was no scenario left in which they could survive a nuclear conflict with the US and were going bankrupt even in the attempt to keep up.

Yes, we’re all aware of his calling to create a “space force” separating Space Command from the AF since there missions are completely different.

How does that in any way support your claim?

Yes, but can we believe it? :wink:

Knowing quite a few people who worked on the program and having been present at several briefings on same I have no problem believing it.

We’re seeing the fruits of the program being born out in our recent successes at interdicting ICBM’s with the new sea based interceptor programs.

Those two programs are the result of SDI research.

Once perfected we will effectively eliminate all threats from short, medium, long range, and ICBM’s carrying nuclear warheads.

That you know of… I don’t know if they actually did this, methinks the energy needed to launch them into orbit would be prohibitive but read about 'rods from God 'Kinetic bombardment - Wikipedia

Nope, we’ve had the launch capability since the development of the Saturn V. Max Payload was 173 Tons. Each of the “rods” only weighs about 9 tons.

A tall, thin, oddly shaped structure like the Eiffel Tower is strange way to describe the size of an asteroid. Could it actually be shaped like that?

It might be shaped like the Eifel Tower - ‘they’ often include a description in the fake news just to get the gullibles a bit more interested. About 6 months ago ‘they’ described one as ‘snowman shaped’. I think they even gave it a name - Oumuamua. Yes, really!! And the asteroids are always bigger and better than the ones before.

:roll_eyes:

I’ll bet you think they lied about the Earth orbiting the Sun.

Er, it was Copernicus who promulgated that; I believed him then, and I believe him now!

He theorized it. NASA proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I believe you - thousands wouldn’t.

‘like the Eiffel Tower is strange way to describe the size of an asteroid’

Over here in this madhouse called the United Kingdom we measure things by the number of ‘football pitches’, or ‘double-decker buses’. Examples: ‘It’s enough to cover 15 football pitches’, or ‘It’s bigger than 25 double-decker buses.’

Sadly, I cannot make my claims here.
Due to the presence of the thought police and Rip van Dyke sleepers who still live in the 19th century.

1 Like

Well, maybe we didn’t actually land on the moon back in 69’ either…:man_shrugging:

It was in an online exchange with Lincoln.

1 Like

Call me a cynic but I’m not fully convinced of it. ‘One small step for mankind blah blah’ sounds too sham - especially the hesitation ‘one . . . giant leap for mankind.’

The hesitation was because he botched the first line and was trying to recover.

“One small step for A man, one giant leap for mankind” was the line he’d rehearsed and he just botched it out of a combination of nervousness and excitement over what was arguably the single most important step ever taken by a man in our history as a species.

You’re not a cynic, you’re a conspiracy nut.

1 Like

I can always depend on a kind word from Samm. :joy:

1 Like