A New Trump Executive Order May Make More Health Care Prices Public

If they cant even agree on the fact that a price of a CT scan should be printed on a poster somewhere at an entrance of a hospital, then you know the problem is not even the policy, but Trump / ideology. They’d just use one buzzword in this entire thread i.e. healthcare and push for the ideological leftist narrative of “healthcare for all” and “tax the rich CEOs”.

Just a quick aside, has the cost of education gone down ever since the government dipped its hands in the matter? Serious question.

And @CriticalThinker, here is your beloved rationed care for the ones with pre-existing conditions:

2 Likes

Now, now Dr. M. don’t go throwing around things like merits of substance and critical thinking.

That is to the dems what sunlight is to a vampire. :wink:

1 Like

That is the whole point of their narrative isn’t it? It’s not an argument it’s the NPC meme of repeating the Hives instructional conditioning methods of expressing the same words over and over again! What is a Borg?

They come here making statements but never are they willing to defend them! It’s the basic hit and run strategy right out of the Marxist playbook!

That is an excellent parallel. Was just listening tonight to a guest speaker on a local radio show that went very in depth as to how government has caused the cost of education to skyrocket.

You might be surprised with the costs of research and development and scientist & research salaries, FDA testing etc. that the actual profit margin isn’t as high as the average soda pop company! BIG numbers in BIG large scale businesses like Pharma and Oil doesn’t really mean BIG profit margins compared the profit margins of other companies.

I’m not big on demonizing our Pharma companies because I don’t want to destroy them to the point where we have depend on our meds from Mexico or China! :grimacing:

The larger point that the majority of you seem to be missing is that this will do nothing to bring down the price/cost of healthcare.

As a consumer in this system, I am already informed what the cost of a procedure is prior to having it done, as I have to pay upfront or I won’t get it. We will get change when healthcare is patient based, not profit based. So all in all, this is pointless.

Because somewhere in the back of their brain, they know it cannot be defended.

So, they are looking for anyone naive and gullible enough to swallow the narrative hook, line and sinker without thinking beyond “well, that sound pretty good to me!”

Then, five ten years later they wonder why it “sounded so good” but they are worse off.

A “you can keep your doctor” moment. History can stand in front of them, beat them over their head, shake them by the shoulders telling them to wake up, and they will just gaze with starry eyes at the “free stuff”.

You are incredibly confident.

So please explain how this will lower the cost of healthcare.

I’ll wait.

Yeah, there is always something to be said about oligarchical collectivism, George Orwell saw what many of us couldn’t.

So how do doctors and nurses get paid? Who clean the beds? Who secure the vicinity? Who manage the finances of the hospital it doesnt run itself into bankruptcy? Who represent the hospitals against frivolous lawsuits?

Inb4 “the tax payers”

1 Like

Read first! It’s already been stated!

2 Likes

Are you asking me these questions or are you trying (and failing) to make a statement by posing an incoherent conglomeration of rhetoricals?

Oooo! Did you copy and paste that from someone else in order to satisfy your emotions? Reading comprehension is not your forte is it?

Notice it is okay to demonize CEO’s who make a lot of money but mum’s the word if it is a guy raking in millions for playing sports?

A lot of people don’t understand the cost of getting a drug to market, the short time span on the patent once it reaches market and the need to reap a profit to reinvest in the next drug to bring to market.

I don’t want our Pharma companies stopping R&D for the same reasons you stated.

1 Like

Youre making a statement about how healthcare should be “patient-based”. Quality-of-care is also part of that, and to have quality care, profit come into play. Try again. Jsut because youre

like everyone else that you knows something I dont.

Trump couldn’t articulate how this would lower the cost of healthcare. Trump simply said that prices are going to go so low that we wouldn’t believe it.

He’s right, I don’t believe it.

Regardless, that doesn’t really explain anything nor do any of the responses in this thread.

Yes I made those statements and your analysis of the context that I provided is correct.

Now tell me how this executive order lowers the cost of healthcare.

Like I said reading first and taking time to think is better than making statements based on emotions! It’s clearly obvious you are oblivious to simple free market principles!

If this were so simple to articulate and it was already posted you would either quote it and shut me up or explain it and shut me up. The fact is it wasn’t explained by anybody and none of you can tell me that this will do anything to lower the cost of healthcare.