HONG KONG Protests ***UPDATE!***

1 Like

They touched on something I’ve been pondering for awhile

The timing of this virus is very…curious :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Of course it is! Trump knows this too. If you watched a few of his most recent pressers he pretty much stated as such. Nobody is going to rescue Hong Kong. This place is finished, and Taiwan is next! So I am not sure at this point what America’s next move is going to be, but clearly each day passing China is becoming more hostile towards the West, and this virus is not helping in regards to our preparedness.

A very, very disturbing event.

It is disturbing and in fact, things are so intense here, that things could spiral out of control any day now. It leaves an unsettling feeling for many right now, not just here but world wide too.

Last night I got locked out of my apartment and a result of trying to contact my landlord for the spare key I met two Hong Kongers who helped me break into my apartment. Lol. We ended up having a few beers and got to talking about what this ultimately means. I get the sense they are prepared to fight, but meanwhile if China goes ahead with their threats, the special trade status given to HK as a trading zone will no longer be in effect. This means HK as being a financial center will no longer exist. UK British nationals and Americans are already planning on leaving here as soon as the situation permits it. (Still no flights going out of HK)

America needs to step up to the plate on this and get our citizens out of there.

Yeah, I don’t know what they can do, if the the govt here is in control of the airports and refuses to open them. Get this, I was at the post office yesterday trying to send some letters to some important people. They told me that it would take 2 months to deliver because the HK Postal service is only delivering by ship now due to the airports being shut down. When the postal clerk told me this I was saying that this whole entire thing is just nuts! US embassy is American Soil, but they would have to evacuate by Helicopter only if things got really dicey here and the airport continues to be shut down.

I can understand flights coming in, but what is the logic to not allow flights going out?

Trade relationship with (mainland) China is over.
This applies to other countries as well.

Time to resume trade and political ties with Taiwan.

As for Hong Kong, it’s too late to protest about China’s slow but steady “integration” of the former colony. The HK residents honestly didn’t think it would happen?

When I was in Hong Kong sometime in 1980s, the local guide said the island belonged to the Queen forever.

Talk about wishful thinking.

Probably because other countries have instituted similar measures in prohibiting flights. China is calling these shots too, as the Macau govt still remains on lock down as well. I heard today that this lock down will continue into June and they are using this Virus as an excuse.

Nobody should be rescuing Hong Kong,

Exactly, would you not think by now that Americans have learned any lessons…:thinking: Oh never mind. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Tear Gas Fired as Hong Kong Protesters Return to Streets Against China’s ‘National Security’ Law

Update from this past Sunday.

Now I understand what you mean.
Yes, when the US gets involved, things only get messier.

1 Like

And do you think America is capable of staying out of it? :roll_eyes:

The Chinese in America do not have a monopoly on the mainstream media, manipulating the American mind, and banking, manipulating various government agencies including the White House.

That’s my answer.

Really? Then you are grossly misinformed! Almost all media companies in the Mainstream market of America are taking in Chinese money. That is a fact, one in which you seem to not know about.